THE PROGRESSIVE CLUB
President: Diane Quinn
In September 1933 eighteen members banded together to do some constructive work together in and for St. Lukes Church. With encouragement and blessing of the Rector Emeritus, the late Reverend Thomas J. Brown, The Young People’s Club came into being. The purpose of this group was to provide service to and for others. Some of the services they provided were entertainment for St. Anna’s home, the Stoddard Baptist home, Blue Plains Industrial School for Boys, and National Training School for Girls. For many years this group sponsored St. Luke’s annual home coming dance. In 1941, the young people club became the progressive club. The name change was needed due to the passing of time. This group continues to play an active role in the church today.
For more information, please contact the church office at 202-667-4394.